Current version 13.08.03
Compare Standalone (basic version) vs Enterprise (full version, network) version
Download and install ShipWeight Standalone.exe to get the basic version of ShipWeight.
This will install a local SQL database on the client machine and will require no other downloads or installations.
This version is ideal for trial of the parametric estimation, download ShipWeight in 30 minutes.pdf to get going.
To install a new ShipWeight Enterprise 13, follow these steps:
1. Make sure you have a MS SQL Server available for the installation of the databases. If not, please obtain a version of MS SQL Server Express from here. Install the this on your server.
2. Download and run the file ShipWeight Server 13.msi on your server to install the ShipWeight databases onto the MS SQL Server.
3. Download and run the file ShipWeight Client Installation.exe on your client machine to install the ShipWeight application.
4. Follow the instructions here to set up your license using your product key, or right click and run the CMInstall.exe file as administrator in the ShipWeight 13 folder on the client machine (prior to starting ShipWeight) to obtain a trial license when you start ShipWeight.
For complete and detailed setup instructions, please see the Installation Guide PDF.
To update from ShipWeight 12 to ShipWeight 13, follow these steps:
1. Download and run the file ShipWeight Server 13 update.msi on the server hosting the ShipWeight databases to update the databases. (As an alternative, you may download the scriptfile ShipWeightUpdateDB1300.sql and run this on the SQL Server using Microsoft Management Studio, for a more manual and controlled update).
Note: If you have ShipWeight databases on a shared SQL instance where databases from other applications may also start on SW, please contact us before you upgrade.
2. Download and run the file ShipWeight Client Update.exe on your client machine to install the ShipWeight application. You may install this side-by-side with version 12.
For a PDF version of this information, as well as information on if you need to upgrade your license, please see this Upgrade guide.
Update an existing ShipWeight 13 Client install to the latest version by downloading and running the file ShipWeight 13 Client Patch.exe on the client machine..
Click here ta access earlier versions of ShipWeight and other download files
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org